Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Cooking in Chemistry!

10/7/15

Monday was the day that held our future in Chemistry. We were making Aspirin from scratch. This Aspirin would be what we use for the rest of the year for future labs. Monday was a quite stressful morning since we had to pass the pre-lab quiz in order to do the lab. Lots of pressure. On Sunday night and Monday morning I was cramming as much information about the procedure and safety as I possibly could. This lab held our future and our grades, for it was the most important lab of the year. In the end, me and my partner both passed the quiz!! We were pretty happy!!! Once we  got our goggles on, we had went to the back of the room. I set up everything while my partner got the 5g of salicylic acid powder. We did our separate rolls and everything went smoothly as possible! The only scary part to me was that the water got too hot and was boiling over, but we fixed it. For me personally it was scary because I'm afraid of hot boiling water when it bubbles everywhere (long story!). In the end of it all, me and my partner were satisfied with the product made, and we couldn't wait till how it would turn out and crystallize the next day!








 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this lab, and I am really grateful that I had you as my partner when we were conducting the lab! I was freaking out the whole time, but you were so helpful in reassuring me that we were doing things correctly. It truly was a pleasure having you as a partner Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this lab, and I am really grateful that I had you as my partner when we were conducting the lab! I was freaking out the whole time, but you were so helpful in reassuring me that we were doing things correctly. It truly was a pleasure having you as a partner Brianna!

    ReplyDelete