Sunday, April 17, 2016

Making of Biodiesel in the lab!

The morning of the making biodiesel was a very stinky morning! I brought a change of shirt so I wouldn't smell so bad later on in the day from the restaurant oil, but I could still smell the oil throughout the day! I thought it was really cool that we could make our own biodiesel. What's so cool about it is that it only look about 50mins to make honestly. 50mins is all it takes to save the environment. It's quick and easy. Plus imagine all the excess oil from all the restaurants! We can reuse it for fuel! This project really turned me into a huge tree huger to be honest. Yes it was a stinky lab but it was really cool to make something that a car could run on! I think it's super cool! The oil kinda looked like syrup and it was really gross but cool at the same time! What freaked me out though was that the second ingredient (that I forgot the name of...maybe glycerin??) could eat your flesh if it stayed on there longer enough. But hey everyone survived the lab!

Here are some pictures below of our biodiesel!



1 comment:

  1. I really liked this lab because it was complicated enough that it kept us busy, but it wasn't too hard that it stressed us out!

    ReplyDelete